You might be thinking “how could physio have a role to play in my cancer journey?”. Your physiotherapist has a comprehensive education in the physiological changes associated with disease processes as well as being a biomechanical, movement and exercise specialist. Aideen has worked as part of surgical and oncology after-care teams and completed additional study on physiotherapy in cancer care so she will be able to help you to:
- regain mobility and strength after surgery.
- Improve your balance lost from immobility or neuro complications.
- Aid with lymphoedema symptoms and surgical scarring.
- Alleviate and help manage your pain.
- Minimise the risk of bone density loss.
Aideen runs physiotherapy bone health sessions for the Clare Cancer Support charity (Sláinte an Chláir) and you can have a listen here to her speaking about the importance of exercise for cancer recovery on Clare FM